Friday, December 30, 2011

Wrap Up 2011

2011, this is the year that we will leave behind and we will bid farewell to, a few hours from now. This might not sound unusual but you know?  I feel a bit sad yet happy during the New Year ’s Eve.  Of course, I know all of you feel the same way somehow.  I am treating every year as unique from the other years that have passed; the things that are happening just vary from time to time. 


Let me think of some notable events from 2011.. hmmm.. I guess one of them was the Tsunami and 9.0 magnitude earthquake at Japan last March 11. We have seen how the waves swallowed some parts of Japan that left approximately 15,000 people dead. We were all shocked by the devastation that it brought to that Nation and I should say that it is one of the greatest wake-up call that humanity have encountered in the modern times.


Further to that event there are also some other global news that have made mark in the year 2011. Arab spring, Euro zone crisis, death of Osama Bin Laden, Muammar Gaddafi and Steve Jobs, shooting in Norway, famine in Somalia, Royal Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton were just some of the most remarkable occurrences this year. I might not have the time to watch the evening news daily due to my schedule at work but I was aware that these things happened.


In the local scene on the other hand (Philippines), we were also bombarded with catastrophes brought by some prominent typhoons named Pedring and Quiel that battered Northern and Central Luzon and of course the ever so destructive Typhoon Sendong at Visayas and Mindanao areas just this December.  Meanwhile, there were also dramas that took place on our Political Scene this past year which has been well publicized on the news. For instance, who would forget the infamous line “I invoke my right against self-incrimination”? This was brought about by an alleged corruption that happened. Aside from that, there are so many other news makers that I cannot enumerate them all.


Indeed, 2011 became good to some but for the others, it left some marks that will never be easily erased. Let us don’t dwell with those and leave everything behind now guys! We have to embrace 2012 which is now fast approaching.  By the way! I would just also like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who are supporting me. I had a very wonderful time expressing and sharing my thoughts to all of you.  This is my last post for 2011, see you in 2012 and that would be tomorrow. Hahaha!!!

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year 2012
    Hello, This is nice post. I thank you very much.
    I visit and give your full support ads and please support ads me back. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!
    angelowagan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone!! thanks for your comments! :) appreciate it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salamat po! :) I will add you on my other blogs too! Okay lang ba?

    Ito blogs ko.
    www.chicfoodies.com
    www.lifestylechic.info
    www.iheartgiveaways.info

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dropping with my http://www.tawray.info/ and http://www.maplesjanet.com/ hope to see you around happy new year

    ReplyDelete