Sunday, July 24, 2011

On Amy Winehouse..



They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no'

Contralto vocals, that's what made her unique compared to all of the female music artists that I've known. I am not an avid fan though, but I must say that I really love her deep female voice. Winehouse is a British Singer-Songwriter who made her way out into the genre of Soul, Jazz and R&B which I would definitely say is a great mix of sounds. Before we have all made known of Adele and Duffy, there was Amy Winehouse who not only influenced the world's music industry by her music but also by her attitude and fashion.

Despite of the great talent that she had, her personal life was not aligned on that success. Allegedly, drug abuse and personal turmoil became a battle that she has fought with for some time. Sad to say, this Grammy award-winning soul singer was found dead at her London flat on Saturday (July 23, 2011) with an unexplained cause as of the moment, per the Police.

Nevertheless, Rest in Peace and literally sing your soul out.

No comments:

Post a Comment